The Motability Scheme is a simple, affordable and reliable way of leasing a scooter or powered wheelchair. It works by exchanging part, or all, of your mobility allowance for a brand new product of your choice on a three year lease. Leasing through the Motability Scheme means everything is taken care of and the lease package includes breakdown cover, servicing, maintenance, repairs, battery and tyre replacements and insurance – so there will be no unexpected costs. The lease payments are taken directly from your higher rate mobility allowance and as most products cost less than your allowance the remainder continues to be paid directly to you.
To be eligible for the Scheme you must receive one of the following allowances and have at least 12 months award left:
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
What is included in the Motability Scheme?
- Choice of a wide range of scooters and powered wheelchairs
- Breakdown assistance and recovery
- Home delivery and collection
- Battery and tyre replacement
- Service, maintenance and repair
The only things not included are optional extras fitted, traffic fines and damage caused by neglect or abuse.
How can I join the Scheme?
Talk to any member of our team at one of our Showrooms who will be delighted to go through the process with you and answer all your questions.